Kensington HPP Energy’s Official Manufacturer’s Certificate
This manufacturer’s certification statement provides the documentation needed to receive an energy tax credit for Kensington HPP Windows products as in the 2012 and 2013 tax credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency.
How to qualify and claim the 2013 – 2016 Tax Credit:
- Purchase and install qualifying Kensington HPP Windows or doors beginning January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2016. Qualifying windows and doors must be Energy Star qualified. There are many options to choose from depending upon your budget and needs.
- You must have this Manufacturer’s Certification Statement to qualify. It is a signed statement from Kensington HPP Energy certifying that the product or component listed below qualifies for the 2012-2016 tax credits. Keep a copy of this certification statement and purchase receipts for your records but you do not have to submit a copy with your tax return.
Limitations on tax credit:
- Tax credit is for the cost of the products only – the credit does not include installation costs.
- Tax credit is 10% of the amount paid for the qualifying product up $200 for windows and $500 for doors.
- These tax credits are for the taxpayer’s principal residence only and do not apply if you are building a new home.
Kensington HPP Energy certifies that all the Kensington HPP Windows products listed on this statement are eligible building envelope components for the 2012-2016 tax credits.